Up this week is co-owner and Director of Paragon, Debbie Scrimshaw.
A qualified recruiter and HR pro with a wealth of specialist recruitment service provision spanning over 25 years, Debbie’s love of recruitment, workforce and careers intel is surpassed only by her fervour for quantitative data and random statistics!
• Oversight and development of Paragon’s team, strategy, direction and operations
• Full life cycle recruitment consultancy - from first role through to executive appointments
• Dedicated support for start-ups and emerging industries, to sourcing for global brands and boards
• Recruitment branding, advertising, media and events
• Career transitions, employability, career coaching and outplacement provision
What did you want to be when you were younger? Archaeologist, specifically in Egypt
What is your favourite movie? The Matrix – I was so blown away by the concept at the time (this was 1999!) I had to watch it again, immediately
Where will you be found outside of work? Somewhere remote around the Ayres, with husband Mark and Bob the dog, usually with cake and a brew
Early riser or night owl? Early riser
Do you have any party tricks/ talents? Air hockey – elite level
Best thing about working for Paragon? Getting to work with a team of exceptional humans who genuinely care and want to make a difference to those we support – a shared team purpose and focus make for a real sense of camaraderie, which in turn drives our results.
When we bought the business back in 2007, Jo and I set out to create an environment we genuinely enjoyed coming to and working in each day. This 100% makes the difference to us and means I’m as passionate now about the business and industry as when I first started – it’s a real privilege.